Hi, I'm Laura and welcome to the Rookie Cook!
Here is a little about me:
After getting married in 2009, I realized that I was going to have to expand my repertoire of meals. We just couldn’t have boxed macaroni and cheese every night. Plus, boxed mac and cheese wasn’t getting me any brownie points with my new hubby.
After 2 years, I finally decided to get more serious about cooking and discovered the world of homemade breads and foods made from scratch. I love cooking (mostly) from scratch but still cave to the occasional boxed mac and cheese. (I haven’t been able to convert the hubby to liking that nasty powder cheese yet.)
Anyone can learn to cook, and it’s not as hard as you initially think it is. I am living proof of that! (As an example: The first time I attempted rolls made with yeast, they turned out like hard little bricks…and I didn’t even realize that I’d done anything wrong right away. Yes, it was bad. The next time, I managed not to kill the yeast and the bread rose wonderfully.) I enjoy blogging about my kitchen experiences in order to motivate and inspire others to eat dinner at home instead of eating out for every meal. Join me as I create tasty, simple, and hopefully healthy meals for my family!
On to the fun stuff...Here's 13 random facts about me:
1. I am an organizer.
2. I hate to exercise.
3. I'm addicted to sugar.
4. I am a Christian and I'd love to talk with you about it!
5. I love my hubby and baby girl.
6. I'm a pastor's wife.
7. I was born in the Midwest and raised in the South.
8. I love Sedona, AZ.
9. My fantasy when I was a child was to be an Olympic gymnast.
10. I've been to Peru and love the country.
11. I should be a spokesperson for BareMinerals makeup because I love it so much.
12. I shop at Aldi Foods often. You should too.
13. And the 13th random fact about me...I love to cook! (Bet you never would have guessed that one!)
Thanks for visiting...hope you stop by again soon!